Friday, April 01, 2005

My Voice

I looked at some of the posts that we were supposed to and I noticed that they were all able to be more honest about what they do in their classroom. The reason for this is because they are relatively annonymous. They are also able to have links to other blogs that talk about controversial subjects. Two of the blogs are very open about what goes on in their class and I think it is a good thing. First it gives them the chance to vent their frustration without the risk of censure. They don't have to worry about being told that what they are saying is wrong.

For my own voice, I guess all I can talk about is my classes and my students, but in a censured manner. I'm still amazed at how some of my students just recently suprised me by not writing how I thought they would. I expected to have the students who participate in class to be better writers, when in fact it turned out that the ones that I expected to be poor writers were pretty good. This taught me that I should judge my students by the work and not by a preconceived notion that if you particpate you must be a good student. The only other thing that I can talk about is my daughter. Since I have no life, you can tell by the fact that i'm writing this post on a Friday night during Spring Break, and she is currently my best, because I don't have time for friends, and my hot date, she is the most important person that I put up with.

No comments: