Friday, April 22, 2005

off topic rant

Okay I have spent the last four hours trying to fix my Norton AntiVirus 2005 so that it will automatically run live update and the scheduled scans. Unfortunately because I have XP with SP2 it makes it difficult. Apparently I have to go in as an administrator in safe mode and do some configuration. I did this, but it didn't work. I looked on Symantec's website and for me to get immediate help I have to pay 30.00. I want to know why are they charging me extra to help set up the stupid program. I've had my computer for two years and had an older version of Norton and never had this problem. I only bought the newer version because something about compatibility and being unable to update my virus definitions even though I had paid for a new subscription. Ordinarily I can fix what's wrong with my computer, but today I just don't know what to do. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, added passwords, and changed passwords and nothing works. I'm beginning to wonder if this is another way for me to pay an extra forty dollars for something as simple as standing on my head. I have decided no more for tonight. I'll try and think of something tomorrow. In the mean time, I should cease procrastination and get to my homework, which I don't want to do. I just keep looking forward to next month when this semester is over, Star Wars comes out and I graduate.

No comments: