Sunday, January 17, 2010

24

I have finally gotten to the point where I can't just sit down and watch television. I have to multi-task. I wonder if that is why so many students struggle to sit still in class during direct instruction.

24 has been one of my favorite shows for the last 7 years. I was so excited for this season to start. I loved the season opener, but I realized that 24 has made me paranoid. Every character that has shown up on screen has made me question if they are trust worthy. Which character is going to be the deceitful one? I also miss Tony Almaeda's character. I'm still stunned from last seasons discovery of his turning EVIL!! But, this is why I love 24. No character is safe from radical character arcs or death (the reason I loved Harry Potter).

The other thing that 24 makes me think of is does this happen in reality and we are just blissfully unaware (did I mention i'm now paranoid). As we watch the terror alert go up and down on cable news shows should we be truly concerned because 24 is more realistic than fiction. Maybe there is a real life Jack Bauer, and we owe our safety to him.

I want to shout out to the technology that they were showing on the show tonight. If that is real, we have a slight reason to be frightened. We have always known that the government has the capability to monitor everything we do, but the upgraded technology shown makes it a tad more frightening because of the speed that computers are capable of (reading too much dystopian novels on my own).

No comments: